Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation.

Harris has been bringing home information about a "Kindergarten Awards" ceremony in his Friday folder for the last couple of weeks.  To be honest, I really didn't think much about it.  We've been super busy and Babe's formal graduation (which was on a Friday night) pretty much overshadowed Harris' middle-of-the-day school program.

Of course, Ben and I adjusted our schedules to attend (we try our best to attend everything) but I really didn't expect it to be that big of a deal.  I was honestly quite surprised to show up and realize it was, in fact, a type of "graduation" ceremony.  The place was packed.

The kids started off by singing a few songs as an entire grade level.  I'd already had the privilege of watching the Kindergarteners perform the songs at the Kindergarten Roundup, but it was still fun to watch my crazy boy sing his little heart out from the stage.


After the singing, the six Kindergarten kiddos with perfect attendance this school year were recognized with a certificate.  Harris was one of them!  I love this picture of Ms. Conoley holding his hand as he waited for his name to be called. :)  Ms. Conoley has been the perfect teacher for Harris this year...we will miss her like crazy over the summer!



The Perfect Attendance certificate was the only "real" award that was handed out.  Each Kindergarten teacher called the names of the students in her class and each individual child was presented a "graduation" certificate by the Principal and Kindergarten Administrator.  It was simple and quick and pretty perfect.


After all the students were recognized, the classes hosted a small gathering back in their rooms.  They served cookies and juice and Ben and me had a few minutes to hang with Harry before we had to head back to work.



I couldn't be more proud of this kid and his accomplishments this year.  I still can't believe that after tomorrow, he'll officially be a first grader...I know I'll blink and he'll be in high school.

It really is true:  time flies when you're having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment