Thursday, June 30, 2011

Baby Girl Haynes.



Here she is, in her first official blog appearance at 16 weeks and 2 days:  Baby Girl Haynes. 

Unfortunately, Ben and I have ZERO girl names we can agree on at this point, so "BGH" will have to do for now.

I have no idea why it's taken so long for me to publicly post about my pregnancy on the blog...but it has.  It could have something to do with the fact that for the first 13 weeks, being a pregnant, working, mother of two simply wore me slap out.  Or it could be that for the first 13 weeks, cakes and cookies and ice cream and cupcakes and candy bars and all that good stuff made me puke my guts out.  Or perhaps it has something to do with the fact that during those first 13 weeks, I had a "gagging" episode at least once a day, much to the delight of my husband and children.  Or it could simply be that I've been too busy enjoying myself and my family to simply take the time to write.  Sometimes, I'm learning, being in the moment is so much better than blogging about it.

But here we are.  I've been pregnant for sixteen weeks with a teeny, tiny baby girl.  Babe is estatic, and will probably stay that way until the baby is actually born and she sees me holding her, at which point I'm sure Hadley will freak out.  Harris is pumped, too, although he was really pulling for a boy.  So much so that he shed big crocodile tears when we told him that God had, in fact, made a little baby girl to join our family.

His original wish, of course, was this:  "Since we already have one boy and one girl in our family, what could we get that's not a boy or a girl?"  Seriously.  And Hadley asked for a baby elephant.

So I'd say we're doing well.  The kids are stoked and ask about the baby all the time.  I can't wait for them to feel her move!  It's summer, so things are laidback and easy and the days are full of trips to the gym and fun activities and naps and naps and naps and naps, and I'm soaking up every minute of this bliss I can.

But I'm also secretly counting down the days to December.

No comments:

Post a Comment