Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer of Fun, Week of July 22 (Abbreviated).

We're heading to our very favorite beach, Fernandina, tomorrow.  I can't think of a better way to end the summer.  Our beach days deserve posts of their own, so here's a quick recap of what we've spent the last couple of days doing.

Monday:  Nothing too exciting.  It was just the babies and me, so we went to the gym, met Ben for lunch at Which Wich (a fave of mine!) and stopped by Twin Rivers to check in on my BWF (she is hosting a summer camp for rising 6th graders this week).

Tuesday:  Gym.  Followed by Johnny's and the fountains with the Lockhart girls.

We met at Johnny's for lunch.  Quinn and Harris loaded up with me while Kim drove Hadley and Payton in her van.  I'm not sure what Pay and Babe discussed on their ride over but Q and Harry spent the time talking about how "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" isn't very good and "Dog With a Blog" is a much cooler show.

When did they get so big?!?!?!


Emmy wasn't old enough to play in the fountains during our trip last year.  She owned the place this time, though.  That girl has no fear.



Kim and I also reminisced about the time(s) our big kids would have absolutely nothing to do with the large fountain in the middle.  I can remember camping out on the very edge (near the small fountains) quite a few times.  This year, it was the complete opposite.




They couldn't get enough.

This sweet boy just chilled in his seat for about an hour or so.  Actually, he didn't chill.  He was hot.


And so when Buddy started to fuss and Emmy and Livi began acting tired, we dried off and headed home.


Pretty great start to what I hope turns out to be a pretty great week.  Can't wait to spend time away with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment