Friday, March 15, 2013

Celebrating Five.

In true Hadley style, she chose to celebrate her birthday by having a "Girls' Day Out" at the "toenail store."  And so that's exactly what we did. :)

We started the afternoon with cake and gifts at our house.  Babe chose a handful of her "best girlfriends" to share in her special day.  She also requested a "Cinderella" cake.  Because the party started at 3:00 and we had such a small crowd, cake was pretty much the only item on the menu.  It was perfect!  


The girls played for a little bit (and us moms spent some time together!) before we sang "Happy Birthday."  Homegirl was in heaven.  I'm not sure I've ever met a child who enjoys the spotlight as much as she does. :)




 For all the sass this girl has stored up in her little body, she's got double the sweetness.  Catch her on a good day and she's the most pleasant child in the world.  But catch her on a bad day...



Party day was nothing but good. :)

After the cake, presents, and party favors (nail polish!), we loaded up and headed down the street to my very favorite nail salon, where each girl was treated to a full-on pedicure.


For the record, I don't think I had a pedicure until I was twenty years old.  Hadley has now had two. :)


It was so much fun to watch each girl choose their polish, explain their plans (certain colors on certain toes), and marvel over the finished product, which included flower designs on their big toes!



 My most favorite moment, though, was when Babe said to her technician, "Don't cut off my toes, okay?"

This was a close second:


We all went our separate ways once the pedicures were complete.  Babe and I were lucky enough to come home to this gift from Granti, Auntie, and DB:


There are no words.



No comments:

Post a Comment