Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day 2012.


I love being a mom.  Actually, I really love being a mom to these three crazy kids.  They test my patience, my strength, my resolve, and my sanity, but never my love. 

I am so proud of my family.


We spent a wonderful Sunday afternoon celebrating.  After church, we met Granti, Cody, Auntie, and DB at Chili's for lunch. 

Even though what we really wanted was Japanese, we're thankful to Cassidy and DB for handling the lunch plans. :)




Cassidy worked extra hard on her gift for Mom this year, proving that you're never too old to make the footprint butterfly.


After lunch, we came home, took a fantastic nap, and enjoyed hanging around the house.  Ben worked hard in the yard and planted a few different things as a gift from the kiddos.  Very sweet.


We topped off the evening with dinner at Sonic.  In the van.  Because nothing screams Mother's Day like trashing your van.

It was great fun and totally worth it, though...Sonic has now become the number one request around these parts, completely putting McDonald's to shame.  I'd say that's the best gift ever.

I am so thankful for my mom and her gift of life, my mother-in-law and the gift of her son, and my three incredible kiddos and the awesome gift and responsibility I have of mothering them.

Happy Mother's Day, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment