Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Thought He Had a Lot of Clothes...

...but what he really has is a lot of Christmas decorations.

I know, because I'm the one who had to pull all of the boxes out of the attic.  Ben volunteered to cut the grass and mulch leaves (in order to get the yard ready for outdoor lights) if I would bring the decorations down and get everything ready to put out.  He's a sneaky snake, that Ben...how was I to know he had 20+ boxes stored away up there?!?!?!?

I mean, seriously...the man has a clock that plays a Christmas carol every hour on the hour.


Oh, I love him.

Harris and Hadley had a blast checking everything out.  Harry, in particular, was a great little helper. 



They both found ornaments they absolutely love.  Harris' favorite is a Lightning McQueen car Auntie gave him last year, and BeBe is all about my 1983 Snoopy ornament.  It's a miracle I was able to get this picture of Harris actually hanging something on the tree, because neither child was really into putting anything on the branches.


Two trees, some garland,  a few special pillows, the Christmas clock, some holiday books and stuffed animals, a manger scene, four countdown calendars, the outdoor lights and additional indoor lights in the foyer, playroom, and on the banister, new embroidered stockings, and a nap later, we were just about finished.

Except for this:


It is most definitely the most wonderful time of the year.


Especially if your Christmas train makes authentic noises as it chugs around the track.


Merry, Merry Christmas, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment