Friday, September 28, 2012

Thatcher, 22 Weeks.


Thanks to a tip from a friend, Ben and I were able to score an extra ultrasound this week!  We got hooked up with Philips, one of the companies that manufactures ultrasound machines, and I was able to serve as a "model" for a training class on some of their equipment!


It was a little bit weird, but still really neat to get watch that sweet baby boy for over an hour.  Ultrasound techs basically used me (and the five other women in the room) to practice with the machine and ask the Philips "experts" about the different capabilities of the ultrasound technology.  We even managed to score a couple of 3D pics of our youngest, which is something I've never experienced before.


I'm not too sure what I think of the 3D imagery.  While the pictures were neat to see, I'm very thankful I didn't pay to have it done (Philips actually paid me $100 to "model!").  Evidently babies have to be in just the right position, with just the right amount of fluid around their face to get any good shots.  Thatcher cooperated for a little bit, but I still think the pictures are kind-of strange. :)

I do think he's got the same nose as the rest of the kiddos, but that's really all that stuck out to me.  Well, that  and the fact that he's completely adorable, but we already knew he would be.


I'm getting both super excited and incredibly anxious about his arrival.

And emotional.  I'm always emotional these days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment