Sunday, August 26, 2012

Celebrate.

My birthday was last Thursday; I am now thirty-two years old.

Thirty-two.  I have now been a fully licensed driver for half my life.  I don't really know why that's significant, but it is.

Even though I had to work all day and spend the evening at Harris' PTA meeting, I really can't imagine a better way to celebrate than simply living my every day life.  I seriously LOVE my life and fall into bed most nights thinking, "I can't believe I get to share my life with this group of people."  Seriously.  I love the people I do life with.

Of course, no birthday in our household would be complete without the morning birthday balloons and gift opening ceremony.  I had such fun opening my "soft pink blanket to snuggle up with on the couch" from the kids (including my Hershey bar and the latest Teen Mom drama magazine) and cannot wait to head out for an evening on the town with my favorite man on the planet.  How quickly he's learned that my love language is, without a doubt, quality time.  And not to be outdone, I am well aware of how important gifts are to that man. :)  We strike a pretty good balance around here.


It was a fun start to the morning.  It's such fun to get excited with the kiddos and to look forward to traditions (no matter how simple) as a family.  Even if it does mean waking up a little earlier than usual just to celebrate...



The kids and I continued the celebration with dinner at Johnny's on the way home from school, and then Ben and me got a little "alone time" while Mom kept the kids so we could head to PTA. 

I'm pretty sure our evening was merely a preview of the busy-ness in store for us over this next year.  I seriously can't wait. :)

Bring it on, 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment