Monday, October 10, 2011

Emmy Update.

We're eight weeks out.

Eight. 

We've scheduled our c-section for December 5, which is exactly eight weeks from today.  And that, friends, is both unbelievably exciting and remotely terrifying all at the same time. 

We had an ultrasound and our 30-week check-up last Tuesday.  Everything looked great!  Emmy's little legs were long and stretched out, and the tech was 99% sure that the cord is no longer around the baby's thigh.  We even got a weight estimate at four pounds, so my little chunker is pretty much right on track!

The best part of the visit, though, was that because it was early release, Ben and I took Harris with us to the ultrasound.  It was soooo much fun to watch him watch the screen and try to process all that was going on.  He was full of questions for the ultrasound tech, my favorite of which was this:  "So, when she is born...will she be all white or, I mean, what will she look like?"  My sweet boy doesn't quite understand the concept of black and white pictures. :)

Harry left with his very own snapshot of Emmy's foot, and, according to his kindergarten teacher, was so, so proud of his special trip.

It's about to get real...and even though I'm not anywhere close to being ready, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment