Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring Fling.

A couple of weeks ago, Harris' school hosted their annual "Spring Fling" carnival. 

I will never, ever forget my elementary school's spring carnivals.  I don't really know why, but I vividly remember the "lollipop tree."  It was by far my favorite booth...and it was, quite literally, a tree cut out of plywood, with small holes for lollipops all over it.  You picked the sucker you wanted out of one of the holes, and if there was a black dot on the end of your sucker stick, you won a prize.  Random, I know...but still one of my faves.  I also dug the cakewalk. 

But I digress...

We spent a great Saturday morning at Primrose.  Harris spent most of his time sliding and jumping and crawling and climbing on the moonwalks with his friend, Carly.

Babe got her fingernails painted.


She's a diva, I tell you.

The kids also tried their hand at extinguishing fires, ricocheting rubber frogs, throwing rings, and tossing bean bags...





...and every single one of those games ended with a lovely (cheap) plastic prize.  God bless you, Mom, for letting us keep all that stuff when we were kids.

After catching a magic show from Toofpik the Clown and filling up on a few "fair" snacks, it was time to call it a day.


We're already looking forward to next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment