Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mother's Day.


Being a mom brings out the best and the worst in me.  Too often I focus on my failures.  It sure is nice to take a day to celebrate some of things I actually get right.  Especially when presents are involved. :)


This year, my sweet family surprised me with a butterfly bush (we dig butterflies around here!), an awesome red necklace, and a new pair of sunglasses.  Harry and Babe are so funny when it comes to surprises these days...they really get into keeping everything a "sercret," especially when Ben or I try to press them for information. I used to think people were crazy when they would tell me that kids only got better with every stage and every age, but now I totally get it.  I think every stage has been my favorite so far, and this one is no exception.

After church, we met Auntie, DB, CoCo, Sam, and Granti at La Cazuela for a buffet lunch.




Don't ask. 

Even though the buffet was awesome, the real Mother's Day treat began after lunch, when we boarded a trolley for a historic downtown tour.  I was prepared for a quick spin around the square, but the tour ended up lasting right about an hour.  And it was seriously so much fun.

Mostly because this lady was our guide:


She was incredible.  Seriously.  Witty, sarcastic, and full of old school knowledge.  I'm not sure we got a historic tour as much as we got to hear her life story and her personal memories, but either way we had a great time.



I love my family.  I love my kids, I love my husband, I love my siblings, I love my mom, and I love just about any excuse to have them all involved in something together.


Especially when that excuse is Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment