Thursday, May 26, 2011

Captain Daddy.

Ben started a new job a couple of weeks ago.  Leaving the GBI was bittersweet, but we are so, so proud of him and so excited for the new opportunities coming his way.

The kids and I helped him celebrate with a few special gifts the night before his big day,


and I had the privelege of watching him get sworn in as the new Captain of the Lilburn Police Department the next afternoon.


Unfortunately, Babe's only other "captain" reference happens to be "Captain Hook," but we've worked hard to assure her that Daddy will not be coming home with a hook for a hand.  At least not any time soon.  I think she's finally starting to understand. :)


I'm honored to be able to share in this part of my baby-faced captain's life.  I'm just waiting for my t-shirt (or large button) that says "I'm with the Captain."  I'd settle for "Captain's Wife," too.

1 comment:

  1. That's great Heather. Small word my younger brother, Matthew Russell is a patrol officer at Lilburn.

    ReplyDelete