Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's.

Well...

The kids worked hard on their friends' Valentine's cards last night.


Really, really hard. 


Sweet Harris spent about an hour picking out cards and stickers for each of his friends and then signing his name twenty-two times.  When we finally finished, he looked at me and said, "I am ready to play now.  I am tired of writing my name." 

Bless his heart.

This morning, we came downstairs to our kitchen table of love.


Everyone found a little surprise at their seat!  The kids got new "snuggle-y" blankets (they are waaay into snuggling these days), candy, and special cards from both Ben and me.  I scored two new magazines with "Teen Mom" cover stories, some azaleas that Ben has promised to plant in the yard, and a couple Reese's peanut butter hearts which I completely devoured before I even made it to school.  The kids chose a special Snoopy doll for Ben, and he also found a new journal entry and a very special picture in his spot.


Not a bad way to start the morning.



Man, I love these guys.


After a day of celebrating at work and school, we came home for a family dinner complete with a heart-shaped cake for dessert!  We also took some time to go around the table and share a reason why we love each member of our family.



My favorite response:  Harris loves Ben because he really, really likes to "spank his bootie."

Me, too. :)


Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

1 comment: