Saturday, April 27, 2013

Spring Break Fun: Game Ranch.

Wow.  Long time, no blog.  Our incredibly fun Spring Break week was immediately followed by a school week for Ben, so all my time, energy, and sanity went into single parenting four kiddos, working, and sleeping, leaving no time for blogging!  We're beyond thankful to have Ben back home and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things...I've got a lot to catch up on!

While I didn't get any pictures (sad!), the kids and I had a great (and chaotic) time enjoying a picnic lunch at Playtown Suwanee with Kristin, Katie, and Leigh Ann on Wednesday.  In case you weren't aware, I LOVED high school.  And I still love my high school friends.  Spice Girls forever!!

On Thursday, I braved the Game Ranch.  With all four kids.  On my own.

And it was awesome.



Seriously.  We loaded up the stroller with crackers, peanuts, apples, and carrots and showed up right as the Game Ranch opened (the animals are most hungry first thing in the morning).




For the first time in twenty years, I actually noticed a few changes at the ol' Ranch.  The most obvious was that the deer are now enclosed in a fence. :(  It didn't phase Babe and Harry, but I sure did miss sharing the trail with the deer.

The park wasn't crowded at all, so Emmy was able to walk through over half of the ranch.  She LOVED feeding the animals (and herself) and barked at absolutely everything.  The big kids got such a kick out of the fact that "Emmy thinks everything is a dog!"




This guy just chilled in the back of the stroller.  Have I mentioned how great of a baby he is?!?!?!?!



My sweet Harris made sure I got a picture of him in front of General Lee's house to send to Daddy (it's Ben's favorite part!) as we headed out.


We rounded out the morning with lunch at Johnny's before heading home for naps and room time.

Spring Break was such a great time for me to start preparing for a Summer of Fun with four kids!!!!!!  I seriously can't wait! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment