Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thirty One.

I'm starting to feel old.  I tried to watch the VMAs the other night and had to change the channel.  I didn't know who half of the performers were, and when Little (Lil'?) Wayne got up with his saggy white jeans and his rear end hanging out and his bare chest and his every-other-word bleeped out, I thought to myself, "I am so too old for this."

And so I'm fairly certain that was the end of my VMA run.  It was good while it lasted.

I do, in fact, have a small reason to feel old.  My birthday was last week, and my loving family helped me celebrate the big 3-1.

We started the week with a night at Chick-fil-A.  I had to work late on Tuesday, so the fam was willing to change things up and gather on Monday night instead.


Mom, Cassidy, DB, Cody, Mo, Raven, and Sam all joined in for some chicken nuggets and Bruster's ice cream pie.  That's a combination that's pretty tough to beat.


Oh, yeah!  Emmy was there, too...in case you can't tell by the hugeness of my belly these days!  That girl is growing away, and I'm growing right along with her.  We've only got about three months to go!



On the actual day of my birth, I woke up, as is our birthday tradition, to find my birthday balloons and pile of presents waiting for me on the kitchen table.


My sweet boys took the time to choose some great gifts for me:  two very nice cards, a copy of the latest magazine with Teen Mom information on the cover, and a new pair of maternity pants and a brand new shirt.


It was a great way to start the morning!  I got to continue my celebration at work with a free lunch from my co-workers and a birthday pedicure with my BWF (best work friend).  Unfortunately, we had a PTA event on the evening of my birthday, so I didn't actually make it home until the kids were in bed.

And I sure did miss spending my special day with these sweet faces (just pretend Hadley's looking sweet...she's not exactly a morning person):


Even though I had to work late, Ben and I got to finish off the night with a big bag of pretzel M&M's and a can of coke.  I love that man.

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment