Monday, August 8, 2011

Kindergarten, Take One.

I was much more emotional today than I thought I'd be.  I didn't cry or anything, but I did take the time to step back, take a deep breath, and marvel at how grown up my very first baby has become.


He chose to wear a white shirt and blue shorts today.  I've decided that even though it's only day one, I'm falling in love with uniforms.


I had to wake him up this morning.  The first thing he asked me was, "What are we doing again today?"  I answered, "You get to go to school!"  He shot out of bed like a lightning bolt.


He had a blueberry Eggo waffle and some milk for breakfast and was able to catch a quick few minutes of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" before we headed out the door.


Ben loaded Harris and Babe up in his truck, Cagne, while I climbed into Big Red (the van).  The plan was for Ben to take Harry to school and then drop Hadley off at Ginnell's while I headed on into work.  I followed them down the road, and about halfway to Primrose I decided I wanted to take Harris to school, too.  So, I did.


The four of us walked in and got a good look at Harry's classroom before heading our separate ways.  When I picked him up this afternoon, the report was that "kindergarten is so, so fun."  He also mentioned that he wished he'd been able to take a nap.

But, most importantly, he can't wait to go back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment